- Smoking is illegal in public spaces, in all workplaces and on public transport.
- It is illegal to sell cigarettes to anyone under the age of 18 years or purchase cigarettes for anyone under the age of 18 years
- Shops cannot openly display tobacco products for sale.
- It is illegal to purchase cigarettes from abroad or in duty free shops and sell in the UK
- It is illegal to smoke in a car with children and young people under the age of 18 years
- The banning of advertising of cigarettes began in 1964 with TV adverts and now it is unlikely that you will see any form of promotion. Advertising Law
These laws acknowledge that smoking is the cause of serious health problems in the UK for both smokers and non-smokers alike.